The ProCard Office is the administrator for the ProCard program, while responsibility of card usage lies with the individual cardholder and department. Therefore, consider the following responsibilities:
Individual with a ProCard performing the first level of transaction review within Workday.
- Discuss your request for a ProCard with the appropriate department administrator in your area.
- Review card security best practices here.
- Complete the ProCard Cardholder Training eLearning with assessment quiz.
- Complete and submit the Cardholder UW Connect Card Services Form.
- Understand your specific reconciling responsibilities in Workday.
- Understand your department's purchase approval procedure.
- For questions about what you are allowed to purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activate the card following procedures emailed from the ProCard Office.
- Sign the card when received.
Individuals with the Procurement Data Entry Specialist role.
- If unfamiliar with ProCard, we recommend completing the ProCard Cardholder Training eLearning.
- Understand your specific reviewing responsibilities in Workday.
- Maintain source documentation for cardholder purchases in compliance with UW retention policy.
The department head or administrator with delegated signature authority for department budget expenditures, and ultimately responsible for the management of the ProCard Card Program in their College or Department.
Department Administrator Responsibilities:
- Create a written department policy establishing internal procedures and identifying ProCard responsibilities for department staff including backups.
- Determine who should have a ProCard.
- Ensure that cardholders and reviewers completes the online training & quiz.
- Delegate ProCard roles and responsibilities for the department.
- Manage the ProCard program within the department.