Using a UW Travel Card provides collision damage (CDW) and theft insurance protection up to the full value of the rental car. Claim must be reported within 20 days from the date of the incident. 

Enterprise and National Car Rental (non-mandatory) Contract

  • review Contract: effective October 2012 - October 2015
  • provide corporate account number 45WA033 and WAS as company's name 
  • compact, standard or full size are allowable; other class requires justification 
  • decline Collision/Loss Damage Waiver (CDW/LDW) and Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) - already included in contract 
  • decline promotional rates and any other type of insurance; these are not reimbursable
  • contact: Sandy Svoboda (425) 917-7559 for questions;

Renting with your UW Travel Card 

When renting with your UW Travel Card, decline the Collision/Loss Damage Insurance unless the renting vehicle is not covered by Visa. Your UW Travel Card's Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver benefit will be voided if you accept the Collision/Loss Damage or any other insurance through the car rental agency. Any fees or deductible due to an accident and resulting from accepting any insurance through the rental agency is your personal responsibility and is not reimbursable. 

UW Travel Card does not provide coverage for vehicles rented in Israel, Jamaica, Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland. Accept collision/loss damage insurance for rentals in these locations. 

What is Covered by Visa?

Subject to the terms and conditions in the Guide to Benefit, Visa Auto Rental CDW reimburses you for the repair or replacement of covered losses to a rental vehicle while it is your responsibility and while it is being used for business purposes. Only vehicle rental periods which neither exceed nor are intended to exceed thirty-one (31) consecutive days are covered. This benefit is primary and provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle as it was originally manufactured. However, if the rental is for personal reasons, this coverage supplements, and applies excess of, any valid and collectible insurance or reimbursement benefits from any source.

Most private passenger automobiles, minivans, and sport utility vehicles are eligible, but some restrictions may apply. Please contact the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-VISA-911 or if you are outside the United States, call one of the toll-free numbers to inquire about a specific vehicle.

What types of rental vehicles are not covered?

Excluded worldwide are: expensive, exotic, and antique automobiles; certain vans; vehicles that have an open cargo bed; trucks; motorcycles, mopeds, and motorbikes; limousines; and recreational vehicles.

Covered losses are:

  • Physical damage and/or theft of the covered rental vehicle.
  • Valid loss-of-use charges imposed and substantiated by the rental agency through a fleet utilization log.
  • Reasonable and customary towing charges, due to a covered loss, to the nearest qualified repair facility. 

Click here for more information about Visa coverage.  

Learn more about Car Rentals