Revolving Funds

Click here to review the department responsibilities when handling a Revolving Fund Account.


What is a Revolving Fund?

Revolving fund accounts are assigned to full-time UW employees who need to pay research subjects by check for long-term studies.  Please see Field Advances for short-term studies or cash payment studies.  All revolving funds issued are subject to federal, state and university purchasing rules and guidelines.

The UW employee will be designated as the custodian for the account and will be responsible for ensuring the funds are accounted for on a monthly basis.  Revolving Fund amounts are comprised of two month's of expenditure payments associated with paying research subjects.

Note: Monthly activity is required to maintain a revolving fund. Revolving funds with no activity after 90 days will be reviewed for closure.

Managing a Revolving Fund