Topics Covered Below
The University has transitioned from its legacy purchasing system to the ARIBA eCommerce platform for its procurement transactions. The University will contact its UW-Registered suppliers and provide instructions on how to enroll in the Ariba Network.
Important: This is a separate process from the Supplier Registration Form and Electronic Payment Registration.
Registering for the ARIBA Network will allow you to:
- Receive purchase orders electronically from the University
- Create and transmit invoices electronically to the University
- Leverage the full suite of UW buying options, including Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs)
- Expand business opportunities through exposure to other potential customers using the ARIBA Network
There is no commitment or guaranteed business as a result of becoming a registered ARIBA or University supplier.
Suppliers will be contacted by the University of Washington to assist with enabling them on the ARIBA Network.
1. The University will send an email inviting you to join the ARIBA Network. It will be from ordersender-prodansmp.ariba.com. The subject line will read: "University of Washington is converting to document exchange on the ARIBA Network."
- Complete your company profile (company information and the products or services you offer)
- Review & Accept Trading Relationship
- Configure PO and Invoice Routing and Notification
3. Once your account is properly configured, you’ll be ready to transact with UW electronically. UW will send a purchase order as soon as one is available.
You might receive additional emails to confirm certain tasks are completed. For example, you might receive an email with instructions on how to confirm that your account is properly configured to receive purchase orders electronically.
Are you a supplier that has received a communication to register in the program and have additional questions?
Review our ARIBA Network FAQs
Watch the video guide for Ariba’s Supplier Basics. It outlines the following topics:
- Registering as a supplier on Ariba Network
- The dashboard at a glance
- Changing your password
- Linking multiple user accounts
Visit the Getting Started on the Network section of the ARIBA website. On this website, scroll down to "Getting Started" to reach the downloadable PDF guide. Alternatively, the PDF guide may be downloaded directly here: Ariba Network for Suppliers Administrator Quick-Start Guide.
Do you have unanswered Ariba Network related questions or need assistance with Ariba Network? Please contact Procurement Customer Services, or Ariba Customer Support through their Help Center. Please see our guide on how to get in touch with Ariba Customer Support.
When a supplier joins the ARIBA Network, their transactions in ARIBA will change from a manual ordering and invoicing process to an electronic process with less resources needed to place orders and reconcile invoices. The University takes the extra measure of communicating with newly enabled suppliers with a Welcome email.
How To Check If a Supplier is Part of the ARIBA Network
Review your preferred supplier on the Supplier Search report (B.I. Portal). and check the "Order From" address type. If the ARIBA Network column shows "Y" (Yes), then the supplier is part of the ARIBA Network.
How To Get Your Preferred Supplier Invited to Join the ARIBA Network
Procurement Services will send the email invitation to join the ARIBA Network, called the Trading Relationship Request (TRR), to your supplier within 2-3 business days of the supplier submitting the Supplier Registration Form (SRF).
- For suppliers added prior to January 2016, who cannot find their original invitation email, or are foreign suppliers, and the department needs to create a BPO, the department should submit the ARIBA Supplier Network Registration Request webform with supplier number and contact information to request that the invite be sent.
ARIBA Network Enablement Timeline and Status
Timeline: Once a supplier receives the email from UW inviting them to join the ARIBA Network, they must click on the link in the email that says "Click here to proceed" and complete all required ARIBA tasks. Because the process is dependent on the supplier completing the steps to create and configure their account, the process can be as short as one business day up to several weeks.
Status: Please email email@example.com for information regarding your supplier’s ARIBA Network status.
- Non-Catalog purchase orders will require you to include the supplier's email in the "Send PO To" section on your requisition
- Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs) are not available to manual (non-ARIBA Network) suppliers. While you can still choose the Supplier when creating a CR, you will not be able to select the Supplier Location to be able to submit your CR.