Topics Covered Below
IMPORTANT: On May 21, 2021 the 'Ariba Network' will be referred to as 'SAP Business Network' to encapsulate SAP's many network services under one name. While suppliers may see 'SAP Business Network' when creating a new Ariba Network account, and/or logging into existing Ariba Network account(s), the University of Washington (UW) is still utilizing the 'Ariba Network' service offered by 'SAP Business Network.'
This is a separate additional process from the Supplier Registration Form and Electronic Payment Enrollment steps of supplier onboarding, and only required if a UW department needs a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO).
Registering for the SAP Business Network (also known as Ariba Network) will allow suppliers to:
- Receive purchase orders electronically from the University
- Create and transmit invoices electronically to the University
- Leverage the full suite of UW buying options, including Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs)
- Expand business opportunities through exposure to other potential customers using the Ariba Network
There is no commitment or guaranteed business as a result of becoming a registered Ariba or University supplier.
Suppliers will be contacted via email by the University of Washington to assist with enabling them on the Ariba Network.
1. The University will send an email inviting you to join the Ariba Network. It will be from ordersender-prodansmp.ariba.com. The subject line will read: "University of Washington is converting to document exchange on the Ariba Network."
- Complete your company profile (company information and the products or services you offer)
- Review & Accept Trading Relationship
- Configure PO and Invoice Routing and Notification
3. Once your account is properly configured, you’ll be ready to transact with UW electronically. UW will send a purchase order as soon as one is available.
You might receive additional emails to confirm certain tasks are completed. For example, you might receive an email with instructions on how to confirm that your account is properly configured to receive purchase orders electronically.
Are you a supplier that has received a communication to register in the program and have additional questions?
Review our Ariba Network FAQs
Watch the video guide for Ariba’s Supplier Basics. It outlines the following topics:
- Registering as a supplier on Ariba Network
- The dashboard at a glance
- Changing your password
- Linking multiple user accounts
Visit the Getting Started on the Network section of the Ariba website. On this website, scroll down to "Getting Started" to reach the downloadable PDF guide. Alternatively, the PDF guide may be downloaded directly here: Ariba Network for Suppliers Administrator Quick-Start Guide.
Do you have unanswered Ariba Network related questions or need assistance with Ariba Network? Please contact Procurement Customer Services, or Ariba Customer Support through their Help Center. Please see our guide on how to get in touch with Ariba Customer Support.
If a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) is needed, UW departments must complete the Ariba Network Registration Request webform to have a Trading Relationship Request (TRR) email sent to their supplier to join the Ariba Network.
When a supplier joins the Ariba Network, their transactions in Ariba will change from a manual (email) ordering and invoicing process to an electronic process with less resources needed to place orders and reconcile invoices. UW takes the extra measure of communicating with newly enabled suppliers with a Welcome email.
How To Check If A Supplier Can Be Issued a BPO
Review your preferred supplier on the Supplier Search report (B.I. Portal). and check the "Order From" address type. If the Ready for BPO column shows "Y" (Yes), then the supplier is able to have a BPO issued.
Ariba Network Enablement Timeline and Status
Timeline: Once a supplier receives the email from UW inviting them to join the Ariba Network, they must click on the link in the email that says "Click here to proceed" and complete all required Ariba tasks. Because the process is dependent on the supplier completing the steps to create and configure their account, the process can be as short as one business day or take up to several weeks.
Status: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding your supplier’s Ariba Network status.
- Non-Catalog Purchase Orders are still available:
- The supplier's email is required in the "Send PO To" section of the Requisition
- Non-PO Invoice payments are still available:
- The supplier must have an Active Remit-To location in the Supplier Search report (B.I. Portal)
- Blanket Purchase Orders (BPOs) are not available:
- While you can still choose the 'Supplier' when creating a Contract Request (CR), you will not be able to select the 'Supplier Location' in order to submit the CR.