A current UW Supplier Registration must be on file to do business with the University of Washington.
UW Procurement Services has an online supplier registration portal for U.S. domestic suppliers doing business with the University.
To assist with the completion of the Supplier Registration Form (IRS Substitute W-9), please have your current W-9 and other business information available.
Note: For non-U.S.-based (foreign) suppliers, see our Foreign Supplier Purchasing webpage. The UW department contact will initiate the Foreign Supplier Registration Form request to the supplier, who will complete the Foreign Supplier Registration Form and submit it to central office for processing.
Need help? Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the Supplier Registration Form.
When Supplier Registration Form (SRF) is Needed
- New suppliers receiving first payment from UW
- Suppliers were previously registered with UW but have had their information deleted due to lack of use for two years or more
- Suppliers have a change in business name, ownership or taxpayer ID number
Note: Registered UW suppliers who are regularly paid by UW and have an address change or addition do NOT need to submit the Supplier Registration Form; suppliers should contact VControl@uw.edu directly with a copy of their W-9 and explanation for the adjustment to addresses currently on file with UW.
The UW Supplier Registration Form process is distinct and separate from the Washington State WEBS registration requirement; for more information on WEBS registration, please visit our Solicitation Process page.
Supplier Onboarding Timeline
Steps 1-3 below must be completed before any payment can be made to a supplier. A new supplier may receive a supplier number for the UW system, however, no payment can be issued until the onboarding process has been completed. Because the full process involves multiple parties and UW process partners, the complete onboarding process can be as short as 1-2 weeks, but may also take 5 weeks or more.
Timelines are applicable during ideal conditions, but can change due to UW holidays or closures, inclement weather, system availability and project resource availability; current timelines are communicated through our typical channels, such as email auto-replies and departmental newsletters.
1. Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission
UW Vendor Control will verify the information within 2-3 business days.
2. Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification
UW verifies the supplier's submitted Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) information (EIN or SSN) with the IRS database. UW must hold all payments until the correct TIN information is received and confirmed as matching IRS files without exception, as any inconsistencies may result in IRS penalties. It is imperative that the information provided to UW on a Supplier Registration Form matches EXACTLY with how it appears on the supplier's income tax return submitted to the IRS.
Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) verification is typically completed weekly, typically by Thursday.
3. Electronic Payment Enrollment
* The electronic payment enrollment step can take as few as 7 business days to complete, but can take longer as it is dependent on the supplier response to registration instructions sent directly from UW Vendor Control.
4. ARIBA Network Registration
* Once the University communication has been sent to the supplier, this step is dependent on the supplier response to registration instructions for how to complete the ARIBA Network enablement steps, also detailed on our ARIBA Network webpage.
How to Find a Supplier in the UW Supplier File
Campus departments can determine whether or not a supplier is registered and which onboarding steps have been completed by using the Supplier Search report in the B.I. Portal (ASTRA authorization is required).