A current UW Supplier Registration must be on file to do business with the University of Washington.
UW Procurement Services has an online supplier registration portal for U.S. domestic suppliers doing business with the University.
To assist with the completion of the Supplier Registration Form (IRS Substitute W-9), please have your current W-9 and other business information available.
Note: For non-U.S.-based (foreign) suppliers, see our Foreign Supplier Purchasing webpage. A UW department contact must initiate the Foreign Supplier Registration Form request to the supplier.
Need help? Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the Supplier Registration Form.
When Supplier Registration Form (SRF) is Needed
- New suppliers receiving first payment from UW
- Suppliers were previously registered with UW but have had their information deleted due to lack of use for two years or more
- Suppliers have a change in business name, ownership or taxpayer ID number
Note: Registered UW suppliers who are regularly paid by UW and have an address change or addition do NOT need to submit the Supplier Registration Form; suppliers should contact VControl@uw.edu directly with a copy of their W-9 and explanation for the adjustment to addresses currently on file with UW.
Supplier Onboarding Timeline
Steps 1-3 must be completed before any payment can be made to a supplier. Because the full process involves multiple parties and UW process partners, the complete onboarding process can be as short as 1-2 weeks, but may also take 5 weeks or more.
Timelines are applicable during ideal conditions, but can change due to UW holidays or closures, inclement weather, system availability and project resource availability; current timelines are communicated through our typical channels, such as email auto-replies and departmental newsletters.
1. Supplier Registration Form (SRF) Submission
UW Vendor Control will verify the information within 2-3 business days.
2. Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) Verification
UW verifies the supplier's submitted Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) information (EIN or SSN) with the IRS database. UW must hold all payments until the correct TIN information is received and confirmed as matching IRS files without exception, as any inconsistencies may result in IRS penalties. It is imperative that the information provided to UW on a Supplier Registration Form matches EXACTLY with how it appears on the supplier's income tax return submitted to the IRS. Please refer to the instructions on the IRS website regarding the information that should be provided.
Taxpayer ID Number (TIN) verification is completed weekly, typically by Thursday.
3. Electronic Payment Enrollment
* Electronic payment enrollment is dependent on the supplier response to registration instructions sent directly from UW Vendor Control (ePayables takes approximately 10 business days to complete setup, while ACH can take 3-5 weeks to ensure the security of the bank accounts that will receive the deposits).
4. Ariba Network Registration
* This step is dependent on the supplier response to registration instructions for how to complete the Ariba Network enablement steps, detailed on our ARIBA Network webpage.
Other Useful Information
The UW Supplier Registration Form process is distinct and separate from the Washington State WEBS registration requirement; for more information on WEBS registration, please visit our Solicitation Process page. Other resources, such as getting paid, are in the topics above.