Meal per diem is a daily allowance that is auto-populated based on the dates/times/locations entered in the Expense Report (ER). See meal Guidelines and Policies.
- select Meal Per Diem from Add Item box
- select appropriate Travel Destination
- indicate Start/End Dates from the calendar or enter
- indicate Start/End Times
- if applicable, specify any provided meals
- click Select to find meal per diem rate for the location
- select a search criteria option from Field pull down menu; search defaults to City
- example below shows appropriate Effective/Expiration Dates and Season Start/End periods for travel to San Francisco during October 25 through November 5, 2008
- If travel dates expand to two different Season Start/End periods, claim each period as a separate item
- click Populate Per Diem in Add Item box
- select Meals Details to adjust for any provided meals
- click Edit to enter appropriate budget(s) for this expense or click Done to continue entering other items
- budget(s) may be entered as Mass Edit after all items have been inputted
- Enter an Override Amount to claim less than allowable total amount
- Click Update Amount
- Reset Per Diem will clear populated per diem rates
If the city is not listed for in-state and out-of-state travel destinations, click on County Info link (NACO website) to identify if the city is in a high cost county.
Carmel, California is not listed as a high cost location in the per diem chart. According to the NACO site, Carmel is in Monterey county.
- go back to Ariba and select Other Defined Location as a search criteria for Monterey county which is listed as a high cost location
- Monterey rates applies to Carmel, CA
- example below shows appropriate Effective/Expiration Dates and Season Start/End period for travel to Carmel, California during October 5-9, 2008
- if the city and county are not listed, the CONUS (contiguous United States and District of Columbia) standard rates would apply
- select City and All Places as search criteria
- select appropriate Effective/Expiration Dates and Season Start/End period of travel
Foreign and Non-Contiguous (Alaska, Hawaii and other U.S. territories) locations not listed, select Other category for that specific country.
Remember to select appropriate Effective/Expiration Dates and Season Start/End period of travel.