- Lean Tours Include
- Past Tours
The University of Washington’s Lean program started in 2010. The team has a dedicated space in the Publication Services building that serves as our “Lean Center,” where we share our approach and conduct most of our team launch events, trainings, open houses, focused exercises, and tours. During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are hosting all events online.
We have hosted a wide variety of campus and non-UW visitors who are interested in our Lean journey. Lean tours include an orientation at the Lean Center and a visit to a team practicing our “4 Key Systems” approach.
- A guided tour through the Lean Center that includes an overview of our Lean program and discussion of our Lean Management System.
- A visit with a team in the “Maturing the Management System” stage. During the visit, you will see the department’s main board and a team board, demonstrating how strategy is cascaded to daily action and ideas for improvement at the team level.
Tour opportunities will be posted as they become available. Contact email@example.com for more information on tours.
Total Visitors: 1781
Thank you to all that have visited! Each tour is a way for us to recognize the great work of UW teams and for the teams to share the stories and accomplishments they have experienced together on their Lean Journey.
Below is a list of some of the groups we would like to thank for visiting.
- King County
- Port of Seattle
- Seattle Public Schools
- Sound Transit
- U.S. Navy
- Washington Army National Guard
- Washington Office of the Governor
- Washington State Departments of Corrections, Ecology, Enterprise Services, Health, Labor & Industries, and Military
- Cornell University
- Pepperdine University
- Stanford University
- University of California System CFO's Office
- University of Utah
- Vanderbilt University
- Alaska Airlines
- Children's Hospital
- Group Health
- PEMCO Insurance