- Office of Research
- Grant & Contract Accounting (GCA)
- Post Award Fiscal Compliance (PAFC)
- Management Accounting & Analysis (MAA)
Multiple units collaborate to manage research administration at the UW. Several of the most important of these units are highlighted on this page.
The Office of Research (OSP, HSD, ORIS, ORC) works closely with other finance offices to support campus units involved in research activities. The Office of Research website provides tools, guidance, and training across all phases of the research project lifecycle. The Research Lifecycle represents all activities typically involved in a research project:
The mission of Grant & Contract Accounting (GCA) is: Enabling amazing science by reducing PI administrative burden. GCA is responsible for post-award fiscal management of grants and contracts in four main areas:
Post Award Fiscal Compliance (PAFC) is a division of UW Finance. PAFC's goal is to help the UW community easily understand and fulfill the requirements of the complex world of post award fiscal compliance regulations.
Some of PAFC's services include:
- Monitoring compliance with federal, state, and UW polices, as well as other sponsors' terms and conditions.
- Preparing complex data analytics.
- Performing reconciliations.
- Interpreting Award requirements.
- Providing post award fiscal compliance training to the University.
- Working with departments to examine and enhance internal controls.
- Consulting with departments on any topic related to fiscal compliance.
Contact PAFC at email@example.com.
Management Accounting & Analysis (MAA) provides support in three main areas: effort reporting; service and recharge centers; and UW's F&A rates and proposal.
- Faculty Effort Certification (FEC) and Grant & Contract Certification Report (GCCR): MAA provides oversight and guidance for UW's faculty and non-faculty effort certification processes to ensure compliance with federal regulations
- Service and Recharge Centers: MAA reviews and approves recharge rates for organizational units or activities that provide goods and services primarily to internal UW operations
- Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Rates and Proposal: MAA calculates and negotiates the federal reimbursement rates for facilities and administrative expenses incurred in support of sponsored awards